What We Provide:
- Risk management training in the areas of suicide and trauma (i.e., PTSD)
- Suicide prevention program design, development, implementation, and sustainment
- Trauma prevention program design, development, implementation, and sustainment
- Pre and post deployment screening and training for operational and law enforcement professionals who conduct fieldwork domestically or abroad; this may include program design, development, implementation, and sustainment
- Resilience training for operational and law enforcement professionals who conduct fieldwork domestically or abroad
- Optimizing performance of military and veteran employees within an organization
Prior clients have included private security corporations, the Department of Defense, the special operations community, the law enforcement community.
Speaking and Teaching
Speaking and teaching may include a lecture or workshop formats lasting from one hour to a full day. Multiple day trainings are also offered.
Topic areas of expertise include the following. This list is not comprehensive:
- Suicide and suicide prevention
- PTSD and PTSD prevention
- Military and veteran culture
- Working beside, managing, and leading military service members and veterans
- Novel applications of applied behavior analysis
- Leadership theory and applications
- Behavioral science applications in national security, law enforcement, and intelligence work
Training services expand beyond speaking and teaching services, involving more intensive hands-on teaching, role-playing, observation of the learners’ skills, and provision of feedback to the learner. Often times this level of teaching and learning utilizes the technology of applied behavior analysis, which involves collecting and analyzing data, interpreting learners progress, and implementing on-the-spot solutions to improve skills acquisition and mastery. Precision teaching is also available.
Consultation services involve aspects of all services above and may additionally include an assessment of the client’s program or organizational needs; examining organizational culture regarding the integration of military and veteran employees, maximizing performance among these employees. Assessment and improvement of organizational climate, and leadership is available. Programs to prevent group-level problematic behavior (e.g., behavioral drift, moral disengagement, complacency, apathy) among employees are also offered.