What We Provide:
- Primary care behavioral health instruction, training; program design, development, implementation, and sustainment
- Professional medical training in several specific disease areas (for continuing education or non-continuing education). See Topic areas for a few examples of topics offered.
- Cultural competency training for military and veteran populations including specific subsets of these communities (e.g., operational community)
- Suicide prevention program design, development, implementation, and sustainment
- Trauma prevention program design, development, implementation, and sustainment
Prior clients have included private medical corporations, federal and state government departments, academic administrators, medical professionals (physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers), medical students, graduate students, and undergraduate students.
Speaking and Teaching
Speaking and teaching may include a lecture or workshop formats lasting from one hour to a full day. Multiple day trainings are also offered.
Topic areas of expertise include the following. This list is not comprehensive:
- Primary care behavioral health
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Military and veteran culture
- Working with military service members and veterans in a culturally coherent manner
- Novel applications of applied behavior analysis
- Leadership in medicine and academia
Training services expand beyond speaking and teaching services, involving more intensive hands-on teaching, role-playing, observation of the learners’ skills, and provision of feedback to the learner. Often times this level of teaching and learning utilizes the technology of applied behavior analysis, which involves collecting and analyzing data, interpreting learners progress, and implementing on-the-spot solutions to improve skills acquisition and mastery. Precision teaching is also available.
Consultation services involve aspects of all services above and may additionally include an assessment of the organization’s program or programmatic needs; program design, development, implementation, and sustainment; personnel selection, staff training, business case analyses, generating business rules, managing change during program implementation, measuring patient and staff outcomes.